Saturday, January 29, 2011

The jury is still out...

Not sure where to begin.  Feeling doubtful about my day of baking and this entry.  There weren't any major catastrophes, the flavor combo just wasn't quite as *pow* as I was expecting. 

Today I baked Blueberry and Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.  I don't know how I feel about them at all.  I am overly critical, I know.  The recipe was originally for a cake but i wanted to do cupcakes.  I think, I should have used less blueberries, or strategically placed blueberries.  I'm not sure.  I will see what happens on Monday when people try them at work.  I had some fun playing with lemon peels for decoration on these.  I also kept inspirational tv on in the background with cooking and/or baking shows on in the background.  


The recipe made about 2 dozen cupcakes.

A little lemon curl and blueberry decoration on top.  I didn't want to distract from the flavor combo with sprinkles or pearls.

1 comment:

  1. I would like these at Christmas for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete