Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes!

This weekend, in honor of Sean's birthday, I made him his own batch of dream cupcakes.  My poor husband is always stuck with the "ugly cookies" or left over scraps of cupcakes and baked goods.  In honor of his birthday I looked up recipes that only he would love and settled on Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting!


The tops browned a little and had just a little crisp to them, which I think added to the combination.
Pre-Frosting


I was a little worried because the bananas were not "very ripe" as the recipe described, but they turned out well. The flavor combo is not one that I would pick, but separately, the cupcakes were light and fluffy and the frosting is just about the most delicious thing EVER! I let it mix extra to make it lighter and what a good decision that was.  Like a peanut butter cloud.  And the best part is how happy Sean is to finally have his own batch of homemade goodies! 


Here they are in all their glory.

I used a fun decorative cupcake liner since the cupcake and the frosting were light brown, not very exciting.  Someday I won't have air bubbles in my frosting. 
I would make this recipe again without a doubt! So easy and very delicious. Next time I might add some chocolate chips into the banana batter or on top of the frosting, but I didn't think about it until I was mid-baking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment