Sunday, January 2, 2011

Adventures in Baking - Welcome

This is my first attempt at blogging.  This page will hopefully serve as a post for successful baking attempts on my part.  To start, I should point out that I am not a professional baker and have no formal training.  I am a terrible cook and have been known to burn water.  Baking, at least simple baking, makes sense to me and seems to come naturally. I sort of just fell into it and have been stumbling along for the last few years.  My favorite things to bake and decorate are sugar cookies.  This year I experimented with some new recipes, Shortbread Button Cookies and Lemon Glitter Sandwiches.  
 This is a selection of the sugar cookies that I made this year.  I experimented with Sugar pearls and confetti this year.  

 I just love the snowmen.  Each year I wish I made more of them.
 I am simultaneously working on my photography skills as well. 
I saw this crazy tree statue in a cookie book I have and was anxious and excited to try making one.  I was successful, though I recommend construction of the tree to be done on the site where the cookies will be eaten.  


 These Lemon Glitter sandwiches turned out so light and fluffy.  They just melt in your mouth and were really quite easy to make also. And SO pretty.




 Below are some Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream frosting that I made for some coworkers.   



I love the tiny trees! 

One of my goals for 2011 is to bake more and try new recipes and get better about making my cupcake batter from scratch.  It just tastes so much better.  I love making treats for my family and friends.  I think homemade cookies and cupcakes just brighten people's day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment