Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cake Pops Take Two and the Best Cream Cheese Frosting Ever...

I should have written this post right after I made these Cake Pops and Cupcakes for a friend's Baby Shower, but it's been about a month and a half now, so this will be mostly photos. The Cake Pops were much easier the second time.  Tip: Make sure to pre-dip the pop sticks in the melted candy coating before putting them in the pops. Then put them in the freezer for a few minutes. Also DO NOT push the stick all the way to the bottom/top of the Cake Pop.  The candy coating will not be able to support the weight of the cake ball.  There were definitely some collapsed Cake Pops, but you live you learn.  This time I made the frosting from scratch, store bought frosting has a weird after taste for me.

The Mom to Be requested Red Velvet Cupcakes and I changed from the normal Cream Cheese frosting to the most amazing Marscapone Cream Cheese Frosting. Seriously, so delicious. I will never make regular cream cheese frosting again.  Anyway, everything was pretty tasty.

Candy Coating Chips 

Cake Pops! 
Red Velvet Cupcake with Marscapone Cream Cheese Frosting



Those should be Green Polka Dot Cupcake Liners, but the red bled through pretty badly!


That's right, I designed and made the flags by hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment