Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bells will be ringing...

At the end of June, I made some cupcakes for my sister-in-law's Bridal Shower. After digging through lots of cupcake books and my insisting on something light and summery since it is nearly 100 degrees here everyday we settled on the ever popular Blueberry-Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.  This is the third time I have made them.   


I experimented with ready-made fondant by Duff.  In the past, I have made my own a few times, but it always stresses me out so much.  It was pretty easy to work with.  Just pull it out of the bag, roll it out and go.  I didn't actually taste it though, so I can't comment on that. I should have tried a nibble.  I used it to make monograms for the cupcakes for the Bride to Be.  I must say, I wish I had ordered a stamp or something on line, because Michael's had such a limited selection of fondant cutters/stamps. I was hoping for a more modern or elegant "K" and would up with something much more child like.  








Instead of buying a hard cupcake holder, I purchased a small Wilton build-your own type cupcake holder and at first I was very concerned that I would be digging for my glass cake domes to serve cupcakes in, but once it was together, the bottom two shelves were pretty sturdy.  I added my own ribbon to the edges to spruce it up a bit and it turned out ok.  I am not sure I would buy another one, but for $10.00 and some ribbon, it wasn't a bad deal.  I should have planned ahead and shopped on line a bit.  
Here they are. 

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes were delicious! The blueberry lemon part was great and the frosting was definitely the best part! All of the blues went together with the shower perfectly and the fondant was yummy too!

    Thanks Meeghan!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete